Saturday, November 29, 2008

Awaking this morning I was surprised to see snow lightly falling! While not gorgeous, big fluffy flakes it was still snow and that in itself sent excitement through out the house. You would have thought the President of the United States was arriving the way we all pressed our faces to the window. What is it about the first snowfall of the season that makes us giddy with excitement? For me it means the time has arrived that my house will be filled with the smells of candles and tart warmers and also yummy food cooking in the kitchen. It's that time of year when the fire will be crackling and I'll be surrounded by wool hooking to my hearts content. A time to cozy up with Keith and remind ourselves how lucky we are that we don't have to venture out in the cold and how Blessed we are to have the home we have. Oh, I know in a few months you'll hear me complaining but for today I'm going to sit back and enjoy the day and be thankful for it. Hugs, Sher

No comments:

About Me

These stories are dedicated to the loving memories of my childhood on the family farm and to my life on our farm. May my children always know how Blessed I've been.