Saturday, April 24, 2010

~~It's Spring in Kansas!~~

I can't believe it's been so long since I updated this blog. For those of you who follow my other blog you know that in March Daddy went Home. It's been such a sad five and a half weeks. We've tried to be strong for Mom, all the while our hearts are breaking with the loss of Dad. My Dad was a man who had such a love for life and because of that we will carry on. Just with a much heavier heart.

Spring has arrived in Kansas with it's usual rain, storms and weeds in the flower gardens. There's not much I can do about the weather but I have been trying to work on the weeds. Keith & I spent one whole week cleaning out a shed and cleaning up the gardens. I was awarded for it with my back giving me fits. It took several days of bed rest but I'm at least able to walk once more without being in horrible pain. It's not fun getting old...Especially when you live in the country and have so darn much to do.

This past week the rain has moved in and while I hate storms with a passion, I have to admit I have enjoyed the break from outside. Don't get me wrong, I'm not crazy over house-work either but at least it's not back-breaking work! Of course after spending so much time outside the work inside had really piled up. Slowly I'm working my way through things and I've even managed to do a few fun things too.

School will be out here in a little over four weeks. I can't wait! These last few weeks the teachers have really been piling the homework on the kids and I for one am sick of it. Jeni still has to work on a 'Personal Brochure' and then I think the big projects will be completed. At least I hope they are. I'm ready to have my babies home, fighting and swimming in the pool!...Remind me of that in July! HA

Well it's clouding up here again so it looks as though we are in for more rain. Time to shut this ole computer down and fix my crew something for supper. I hope your all enjoying your Spring and staying safe from storms. Hugs, Sher

No comments:

About Me

These stories are dedicated to the loving memories of my childhood on the family farm and to my life on our farm. May my children always know how Blessed I've been.