Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween


This morning I looked out our front door and realized that Fall has finally arrived in Kansas! Suddenly there are more leaves on the ground than there are on the trees. The days are becoming shorter and they are certainly much cooler.
I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that Fall is here, after all today is the day the little ones have been waiting for...Halloween! Drew and Jeni have had their costumes ready for a week now. Our little red head is dressing in black and orange and going as a witch. Poor Drew, we begged him into wearing his lion costume "one more time". Yes, it's getting way to short but he just looks so darn cute in it!
This afternoon Keith and I loaded up and went in to town where we watched them walk in their schools annual Halloween Parade. As I watched them walk with all their friends I realized in just a few short years like our older children, they too are going to be to old for this. So, we snapped a few pictures, stored these precious memories in the back of our mind and tell ourselves, "At least they'll still be dressing up next year!"
It's getting dark now so it's time to load them up and head back to town. One more "Trick or Treating" memory. Scary night all.

No comments:

About Me

These stories are dedicated to the loving memories of my childhood on the family farm and to my life on our farm. May my children always know how Blessed I've been.