Tuesday, March 08, 2011

A Rainy Tuesday

Good Morning!

     It’s a rainy day here on the farm.    While I’m not crazy about  that, I am thankful it’s not snow….And just across the state, it is!    I know we are going into our Spring season and I don’t look forward to it at all.   In fact, I’m really dreading it.    I’ll take snow any day to the threat of tornado’s.  Not to mention I’m not ready for all the yard work that comes with spring and summer.   Okay, guess it’s safe to say I’m just a winter gal.

       It seems forever since I’ve posted.   That’s because I’ve had major computer problems and when I finally got them fixed I found that my blog had disappeared.  At least the dashboard for it had disappeared.   It took me forever, but I think I’ve finally figured out what the problem was.   Why couldn’t I have been born with a better brain so I could be computer savvy???? SIGH

    Even with the computer problems, I’ve managed to have some ‘fun times’.   The main one being going to the Lenexa Hook-In.   Like always, we had to drive in a little bad weather (Heavy fog and a little ice) to get there but it was so worth it.    Lots of wonderful vendors and rugs.   But the highlight of the day was not only ridding up with my friends Betty & Robin but meeting new friends once we got there….Sandra, Ginger, PatiJane and Chelle. 

     Not only did I come home with bags full from a buy spree {Wool, patterns, books, dyes, ect..)but also with wonderful gifts from some of the girls there.   Honestly, they spoiled me rotten and once again I’m amazed at how giving hookers are.    Such a wonderful bunch of  loving, giving women.

     For months Betty has been trying to talk me into trying Oxford Punching.    The last thing I need is another hobby but once I saw the piece Ginger was working on at Lenexa, I was sold.    So, it off to a vendor to buy her last needle.   I haven’t had the chance to try it out but hopefully that will be next week.   Ginger made it look so simple but I know me….I’m sure I’ll struggle to push so much as a loop.    Maybe we can talk the Oklahoma girls into coming back to Ks. for another lesson???   Sounds good to me!

      Of course I came home inspired from all the wonderful rugs on display.    I quickly finished up my “Circus Rug” (Aptly named for it’s bright colors!) and I’ve now started another.    At least Keith can’t say I’m  wasting money on wool…It’s all being used!

      So, on that note I’m going to sign this off and get back to hooking.   Everyone try to stay dry, warm and well.   Until later.   Hugs, Sher

     

2 comments:

primitivebettys said...

No pictures???? I want to see! :) Yup, rain here too. Oh well. At least we have things to keep us busy inside.

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Glad everything is going well, It doesn't take much to make us Girls happy. Hope to get a letter to You soon.

About Me

These stories are dedicated to the loving memories of my childhood on the family farm and to my life on our farm. May my children always know how Blessed I've been.